Award for the exceptional and dedicated efforts of Student Branch Counsellors and Branch Chapter Advisors. The Member and Geographic Activities and Technical Activities Boards sponsor the cash award to maximum of 20 Outstanding Counsellors and Advisors around the world. Winners will be those individuals who, through their work as Counsellors and Advisors, exemplify the Institute’s commitment to the educational, personal, professional, and technical development of students in IEEE related fields of interest.
- Nominating Branches, or Branch Chapters, must meet the requirements of IEEE Bylaws, in the current academic year, by submitting required reporting forms and holding at least three meetings during the year.
- Past winners are ineligible for re-nomination.
- Regional Student Activities Committee Chairs (RSACs) are also ineligible during their term of office.
- Nominating Student Branch must have done the VTools Officers Reporting and VTools Student Branch Reporting to be qualified for this award.
- Branch Counselor or Advisor must have completed a minimum period of at least one year in office to be eligible for this award.
- Student Branch or Branch Chapter must remain active for a period of at-least one year to be eligible for this award.
- Nominations can be submitted by any active IEEE Student Branch Member of the Student Branch or Branch Chapter. I.e Student Branch Chair, Secretary, Vice-Chair, Member etc. Nominator must be an active IEEE Student Member of the Student Branch at the time of nomination.
- In the application portal, the nominator should first enter the details of the nominee and the nominator.
- Nominating Student Members must submit an essay in English (not to exceed 1,000 words) on why they feel their Branch Counselor or Branch Chapter Advisor has earned the qualifications of “Outstanding Branch Counselor and Advisor” for the year.) Essay can highlight the support and motivation provided by counselor or advisor for the student branch and branch members.
- Supporting documentation to be provided by the nominator for Branch Counselor
or Branch Chapter Advisor along with the nomination
- Brief Biography of Branch Counselor / Chapter Advisor
- Essay on the top 5 achievements or contributions made by the Counselor/Advisor to the student group
- If the Counselor or Advisor successfully initiate any forms of external collaborations for the benefit of the student branch or its members? Please elaborate on them
- Please explain briefly the retention statistics in your IEEE Student Branch, focusing on the efforts of the Counselor or Advisor to improve member retention
- Two endorsements are required for this award.
- Endorsement 1 (From IEEE Student Branch Member of the Student Branch or Branch Chapter. I.e Student Branch Chair, Secretary, Vice-Chair, Member etc.)
- Endorsement 2 (From any Professional Members of the Student Branch such as Faculty, Professors, Department Chairs etc; or any IEEE Professional Member such as Section SAC or Section Chair or Section Representative)
- Petition of endorsement by at-least 12 - IEEE Student Members of Branch or Branch Chapter members (Download Petition Format)
Evaluation will be based on:
- evidence that the Student Branch is active in the paper, device, and other competitions, and has an active program of meetings and field trips;
- the Student Branch’s membership level or good growth;
- evidence that the Student Branch is striving to meet the scientific, educational, and professional purposes of IEEE;
- recognition of efforts to instill leadership qualities in student officers and to guide them in their efforts to administer the Student Branch or Branch Chapter operations;
- recognition of efforts to assist student officers in the development of yearly activities that lead to the technical and professional awareness of Student members;
- recognition of efforts to foster effective interaction between the Student Branch and the local IEEE Section through participation in Section events and meetings.